1. Where and when is the event being held? What time does it start?
The Atleticom We Run Rome 2019, like every year, will take place on December 31. The start and the village will be located at the “Nando Martellini” Terme di Caracalla Stadium at Largo Vittime del Terrorismo 1, Rome. Participants can meet and warm up inside the stadium from 12:00 and the start of the 10K event will be at 2 p.m. and the 5K race will start after a few minutes. You will be contacted immediately if there are any changes and the site www.werunrome.com and the Facebook event page will be updated.
2. I registered and received the email with the registration receipt but I can no longer find it and I think I have deleted it by mistake, what can I do?
3. I registered and the payment was carried out successful but I have not received the email confirmation of my registration, what can I do?
4. I have just realized that I have filled in the registration form incorrectly, how can I change it?
5. What methods of payment can I use? Can I register in person?
6. Do I have to be a member of a running club to take part in the race?
Atleticom We Run Rome is a type of race that allows anyone to participate. To register for the non-competitive 10km event, the only requirement is that you be 14 years old. However, there are no restrictions whatsoever for the 5km event.
To be able to participate in the competitive race, based on FIDAL regulations, you must be a registered member of a running club that is associated with FIDAL, or be registered for a Sports Promotion Body (Athletics section) with agreements with FIDAL, or have a valid RunCard and a medical certificate for competitive sports.
7. What do I need to show when I collect my race pack? Can a friend or family member collect it for me?
To collect your race pack you must present the registration receipt that was sent to you by email. Athletes registered in the competitive race who have a valid RunCard must present a valid medical certificate for competitive sports as well as the aforementioned receipt.
You can delegate another person to pick up your race pack. The person must have a printed copy of the e-mail confirming registration and a photocopy of the participant’s ID card or passport signed by the participant.
8. Where and when can I pick up my race pack?
Details of the retreat will be announced shortly.
Only and exclusively non-residents in Rome, will have the further possibility to collect their race pack on the morning of December 31st from 9am to 1pm at the “Stadio delle Terme di Caracalla”.
9. I am having problems registering, what can I do?
10. Can minors participate?
For the competitive race, children who are at least 16 years of age by the day of the race can participate, in the appropriate field the authorization from a parent or legal guardian must be loaded.
For the non-competitive 10 km race, youngsters aged 14 or over by the day of the race can participate, in the appropriate field the authorization from a parent or legal guardian must be loaded.
For the non-competitive 5 km race nn there are age limits for participation, in the appropriate field the authorization from a parent or legal guardian must be loaded.
11. When I registered, I selected the wrong shirt size, how can I change it?
12. What is the fit of the shirt like? Is there a difference between the cut of the men's and women’s shirts?
The shirts are a “regular fit”, so not very tight. We are running on December 31, so we suggest you choose a size that is not too tight which allows you to wear a top under your We Run Rome top.
The cut of the shirts is different for men and women: the women’s top is more fitted and next-to-skin.
13. Where can I change? Will there be showers available?
Yes, you will be able to change in the two changing areas, one for men and one for women.
There will not be any showering facilities on site.
14. Will there be a place to leave a bag with my personal effects?
Yes, there will be a special area where you can leave your personal effects on race day. But we recommend you do not bring valuables with you.
15. How many aid stations will there be?
There will be two aid stations, one at the 5 km point and the other at the end of the race.
16. I am not from Rome, what is the easiest way to reach the Terme di Caracalla Stadium?
The metro station “Circo Massimo” (Metro B, blue line) is only 150 metres from the Caracalla Stadium.
17. What type of chip will be used?
The chips used for the timing system are disposable ones, they are applied directly to the back of the runner’s number and do not have to be returned after the race.
18. Will the competitive race be the only event timed?
No, the timing system will be used for the competitive and non-competitive 10K events. The only difference is that an official classification will be drawn up with the Real Times of the athletes in the competitive race and the runners in the non-competitive race will be just out to run against the clock.
19. I signed up but, unfortunately, I am unable to attend the event, can I give my place to a friend?